Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Miles and miles of milestones...

Well, world, I started work today. It was only training, but so far it's going well (and I get paid for it! SCORE!). The other woman in my training class is going to the same department I'll be going to, so it's good that we'll both already have someone that we know in the department.
In other milestone news, Sue's cat, Cocoa, has finally started to accept me as family. See, Sue and Bill have two cats - Tiana and Cocoa. Tiana is a big floofy lovebug, and she accepted me the moment I petted her. When I go over to their house, Tiana waits for me to sit down, then launches herself into my lap and generally stays there til I have to get up to potty. Cocoa, on the other hand, is the typical aloof "don't touch me til I allow it" kind of cat. She picks and chooses who she likes, and I am NOT one of those people yet. She's scented me every time I've gone over, and last night she decided, "Alright, human, you may pet me...but only once!" I let her sniff my hand, she got a little pet on the head, then sniffed me again and decided she was through with my attention and went off to bathe herself in a corner. Typical Siamese.
The biggest and best milestones, I've saved for last. The Addison milestones, and there are a couple of them. First of all, she went to the potty for us! She's been good about potty training with her mother, but in a different house with different things to distract her, we weren't sure how she'd do. But the second night she was here, she told us very clearly that she had to potty, so BJ took her in and got her settled, and voila! Potty success!
Another Addison milestone is that she's completely accepted me as someone who is supposed to be in her daddy's house. She climbed up into my lap all on her own and sat with me for almost an hour, looking through pictures on the computer, and later she sat on the couch with me and BJ and watched some TV before bed. She doesn't try to push me away from BJ, and she doesn't get upset when she sees us together, or sees us hug or kiss. I guess to her, seeing that her daddy is alright with me means that she can be alright with me.
And lastly, the one that meant the most to me, she and I went out in public, just the two of us for the first time the other day. BJ had a job interview, and I was taking Addison to his mom and dad's house to wait for him. On the way, we stopped to see BJ's sister at work, and Addison listened to me considerably well. She didn't act up, she held my hand in the parking lot and she waited very patiently while I got her into her car seat. At Sue and Bill's house, she decided it was time for a rest, but she didn't curl up on the couch with Bill, or sit in the empty recliner. No, she curled up in my lap (with both of her blankies) and had nice long rest in the chair with me, very contentedly. Once her Daddy got back from his interview (he got the job, by the by), she was all about him, but for the moment it was nice to have her be that comfortable with me. When she left, she even gave me a hug AND a kiss...first time ever for that! I've been accepted by the little one, life is looking up!
As for the pictures of this past weekend (and everything else I've seen it necessary to take pictures of...) - I'm working on it! I'm putting my photo stamp on them, so I can identify them as mine, no matter where they show up. I'm ALMOST done with it, though, because I finally talked myself down and stopped convincing myself that all my photos suck, so it should only be a little while longer til the album goes up.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestones Puddy! *HUGGGGGGGGGGG* I'm very happy for you! And congrats to BJ on snagging the job - best wishes for success there! See BJ...I'm not ALWAYS scary and hateful! *G* But things change so quickly around here..... *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news all around! Glad things are going well for you all. xxoo

    ReplyDelete