Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Well, world, we have a little Halloweenlette in our midst. BJ's little girl Addison is here for the weekend. Tonight, we took her trick or treating in the neighborhood where BJ's parents live. We weren't out for long, because it was chilly and she's only 2, but while we were out she had a BLAST! She couldn't quite get out "Trick or Treat!", but saying "Please" worked well enough for her, and for us. To each person who gave her candy, she said "Thank you," and as we were walking away, she told everyone "Bye!"...even the cars driving down the street! The only minor hitch was her shoulder. Last week, she fell and broke her collar bone, so she has to wear a little sling to keep her shoulders straight. She gets around in it well enough, and her costume hid it. It has a tendency to come loose (it's not exactly the best made medical apparatus in the world), and when it does, she'll go to someone and ask for help, and let then put it back together for her so she can get back to playing. And, play she did, tonight! As well as get good and sugared-up! But she was still very well-behaved for everyone, and by the time we got her home with us, she told us she was ready for bed, so she's sleeping soundly in the bedroom now. Tomorrow, I have plans for her...a little bit of fresh air outside with me and BJ! We have bubbles (which she is obsessed with!), and we also some work to do cleaning out the car and the truck...so while we're taking turns cleaning out the vehicles, whoever isn't cleaning can play in the yard with Addison. Of course, I'll have my camera close by (as usual), and there will be pictures!
In other news, I've undertaken a MONSTROUS task...some of you may remember hearing about a database that I kept for a while of all the music I had on the computer. Well, I've started it up again, only this time, it's much larger. Not only do I have MY music to contend with (all 900 or so songs...), but I know have BJ's collection to add to it. We have a shared external hard drive for random files that we don't need cluttering up the respective computers, so I'm in the process of renaming ALL the music files we have, organizing them into folders according to the standards I've always used, then entering that data in Microsoft Access (a wonderful program, by the way) and making it searchable so we know what we do and don't have.
See, BJ has a channel on BlogTV, and he broadcasts every so often. It's basically just a live chat, where he's on webcam and mic, and people come into the room to talk about whatever. There's also a cohost option, so the room guests can see the host and the cohost (if any) live on cam while everyone chats. Another fun thing that can be done on there is playing music. The guests/chatters can listen to the host and cohost talk, chat with the other room participants and listen to music while they do all that. We're getting it set up so that BJ can more effectively broadcast music on his channel, and I've volunteered my services as the DJ. In order to do that, I'd like to have an accurate record of what music we have or don't have, to make it easier on me to find and play the requested music. This gives me something to fill my time until I start working, and something fun to do in my down time (and yes, for those of you who are wondering - building this database is actually FUN for me...I'm a dork, sue me!).
Well, that's enough for now, I suppose. I'm still working on getting my photo album operational. I'll post a link once I get it set up the way I like it, so everyone can see what I do with my spare time and a camera. Kati + Camera = Mass Quantities of Happy! Until then, I'm off to get some sleep!
Night, everyone!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Addison had a good time even if her arm was in a sling. Loved your heart at the end. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! yes! Pictures, pictures, pictures!! *L* I love pictures!! I'm glad Addison had a good Halloween and sorry about her little shoulder. Hope she heals quick and well. Sounds like everyone had a good weekend so far! *HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS*

    ReplyDelete