Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble, gobble, gobble!

Well, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, I hope yours was as wonderful as mine! We spent the day with BJ's family, and it was definitely a great day. We had Addison with us for the morning and afternoon, and her mother came to pick her up around 3 so she could get some quality time with the other side of her family, and BJ's mom had to leave at around 1 to go to work, so we had an early meal. A close family friend of theirs, Starr, also stopped in to have some lunch/dinner, but she had some things to do and left shortly after. So, BJ, Stasia, Bill and I hung around the house with Addison until it was time for her to leave. Then, it was naptime! I passed out in the recliner, BJ was in the chair, and Bill and Stasia were in their respective beds. For those of you who are not aware of my holiday habits, I spend at LEAST 3 hours of every holiday sleeping off whatever I've stuffed myself with, and let me tell you - there was quite a spread! We had two kinds of stuffing (cornbread and regular), baked corn, buttered carrots, fresh veggies and ranch dip, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce (with whole cranberries, like Grandma makes!), broccoli and cheese, noodles, rolls, turkey, and a small ham just for Starr because she's not a turkey fan. We also had punkin pie, pecan pie, coconut cake and a dessert Sue made called Pink Salad, which consisted of sugar-free raspberry jello, cool whip, cottage cheese and pineapple chunks. It ROCKED! You should see the care package that came home with us...it's monstrous! We're gonna be eating on this stuff for a WHILE!
Turkey Day aside, it's now Black Friday and sadly, I work in retail. Today is gonna suck severely, and so will tomorrow. I work 2 pm until midnight tonight (bear in mind, that just means the store CLOSES at midnight...doesn't mean I get to leave right away...) and have to be back in at 9 am Saturday morning. I understand that it's a legal shift difference, but come on now...they're kinda pushin it, don't you think?
Well, world, that's all I have to say about that! Happy Day-After-Giving-Thanks (cause my post is a day late), and take care. I'm off to brave the outside world!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was good. Mine was too! I went into turkey coma soon afterwards, but it was ok. Still felt the effects this morning when I woke up. Hope you don't have too much to deal with during Black Friday. Good Luck. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your "Black Friday" wasn't too bad Puddy! We went out for a few things but came back before too long. Even in Enid there were just too many crazoid people out there! *LOL* Hmmm...you have intrigued me however...what is this you call 'baked corn'??? I'm a HUGE corn fan but I've never heard of this...or at least I haven't heard of it called this. Step smartly there Puddy-Face....I need an explanation and a recipe...toot sweet Sweetie! *G*

    ReplyDelete