Friday, January 30, 2009

Another Day, Another Dollar (Less)

Well, it's PassItOver again! For those of you who are unaware, PassItOver is not a religious holiday. In fact, it's not a holiday at all! It's that special day that rolls around every two weeks when you get money and immediately have to PassItOver LOL In light of this, I think we should change the quote "The best laid plans o' mice and men often go awry" to "The best laid plans o' mice and men are squished flat by bills". It's all good, though, because the money is going to a good cause. I like to think of it, not as bill payments, but as charitable donations to organizations who, instead of giving you a gift bag of goodies for your trouble, allow you a house to live in, food to eat and utilities to use! It makes me feel better about having to pay so much for so little. That, and the fact that many people, especially these days, don't have what I'm lucky enough to have.
That said, I have good news....WE'RE MOVING! For the past two months, we've been looking into moving to a bigger house, one that would more comfortably accommodate three adults and two kids (Addison, and Matt's son Austin). Earlier this week, we went to look at a house in Springfield, TN, where BJ's mom lives, and we fell in love with it on sight! It's cute on the outside, amazing on the inside, and better than I ever hoped to have found so soon! It has two bedrooms (and they are MASSIVE!), a single bathroom, a separate dining area which we'll be turning into a den/office for the desk and computers, and a neat little kitchen that is the perfect size for all of us! Walking through the house, BJ and I were already planning what we'd like to do with the space available, but we'll run through all that with Matt when we move in. One of the cool things is that both bedrooms are roughly the same size, and if one is larger it's only by a foot or two, so it's fair between all of us. Also, there's a nice yard in the back for the kids to play in, and a roofed front porch. So this coming spring and summer, we can play with the kids in the backyard, then sit on the front porch and relax at night! There's a nonfunctional fireplace in the house, two of them, actually. They run to a central chimney, and the fireplaces are situated between the two bedrooms. They're purely cosmetic, but they'll be cute little decorative pieces for the bedrooms. And this is will be the first time that I've have a mantle! Looking around the room that BJ and I will have, I already know where I'd like to put the bed and everything. We're going to be looking into getting some area rugs for the living room and bedrooms, because it's all hardwood flooring. The floor in the kitchen is a brand new laminate floor that the landlord installed just the other day, and we'll end up getting a couple small rugs to put in front of the sink and the stove. Another thing we'll be getting is a refrigerator, because the house doesn't come with one. I can do without a washer and dryer for a while, but we kinda need a fridge! LOL I've been checking Craigslist for cheap used ones, and there's a site that BJ's mom told us about that's a lot like that. As it stands, I gave the landlord a check this afternoon for the first month's rent, and as soon as we have the utilities switched over, we can have the keys and start moving in! That will probably happen on Monday...it would have happened today, but I didn't have the deposit money on me.
Anyway, that's all for now, I'll keep everyone posted about the moving process!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You move around more than anyone I know! I've been in my place for 30 years and have had no desire to move because of the low rent. It's not much, but it's a roof over my head and close to work. Good luck with the new place! xxoo

    ReplyDelete